This summer I’ll continue to provide 1:1 counselling for children, adolescents, families as well as parent coaching. I will also be running the following four summer camps: Self-Regulation/Self-Empowerment Camps (Ages 6-8 year olds) & (Ages 12-14 year olds) Emotional Literacy and Awareness, Mindfulness, Understanding the Zones of Self-Regulation, Social Dynamics (Bully-proofing, assertiveness training etc.) For [...]
Sharon’s Summer Groups: Anxiety Management Camp, Self-Regulation/Self-Empowerment Camps and Art Therapy Group for Siblings of a Sibling with ASD
by Sharon on June 19, 2013
by Sharon on June 10, 2013
As we come to the end of the school year, report cards are coming and this presents another opportunity to look at the difference between praise and encouragement. Praise vs. Encouragement What Does Praise Sound Like? Wow, you have done so well, great job! You got all A’s, you did just what your Dad/Mom and [...]
by Sharon on May 26, 2013
Paul Tough is the author of a new book, How Children Succeed and he was also the key-note speaker at the B.C. School Superintendents Association Spring Conference. It is an inspiring book which thoroughly investigates through research reviews, interviews and observation, the character traits which are most likely linked to our children reaching their potential. Stress [...]
by Sharon on May 19, 2013
Permission to use this photograph given by Barbara Coloroso Barbara Coloroso – Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline I recently had the pleasure of attending Barbara Coloroso’s presentation sponsored by the West Vancouver School District Parent Advisory Council. Barbara Coloroso is a long-time internationally recognized, educator, parenting expert and author from the United [...]
- Sharon’s Summer Groups: Anxiety Management Camp, Self-Regulation/Self-Empowerment Camps and Art Therapy Group for Siblings of a Sibling with ASD June 19, 2013
- Report Cards – How Do You Respond? June 10, 2013
- How Do Children Succeed? Paul Tough has some answers May 26, 2013
- Barbara Coloroso – Words of Wisdom May 19, 2013
- Happy Mother’s Day! May 12, 2013
- Peace Begins at Home November 11, 2011
- Traditional Games versus Video Games and Dr. Stuart Shanker’s Thoughts… December 13, 2011
- Going on a home exchange!! June 30, 2011
- Temper, temper…temperament? Understanding and Working with an Individual’s Temperament April 10, 2011
- The Importance of Traditions and Ideas for Creating a Meaningful December December 5, 2011
- Claire De Boer: Great piece, Sharon - thank you. These are great s...
- Yvonne: Hey now this was a great opener for my new year! I...
- Claire De Boer: Some really great insights, Sharon and all my favo...
- Dhana: Wow, thanks to the above writer for all the book i...
- Dhana: Hey there Sharon, This is such a great post, and ...