Barbara Coloroso – Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline I recently had the pleasure of attending Barbara Coloroso’s presentation sponsored by the West Vancouver School District Parent Advisory Council. Barbara Coloroso is a long-time internationally recognized, educator, parenting expert and author from the United States. I saw Barbara speak about 15 years ago and [...]
by Sharon on May 12, 2013
Some beautiful quotes to share on Mother’s Day… Making a decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. – Elizabeth Stone Mother’s hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. – Unknown The [...]
by Sharon on April 29, 2013
I recently had the opportunity to present to a lovely group of parents from Deep Cove Parent Participation Preschool on the topic of Decoding Each Family Member – The Nine Traits of Temperament. We now know that individuals have their own unique temperament and it works much better to understand a person’s temperament and work [...]
by Sharon on April 17, 2013
Although we all flip back and forth between being a Jellyfish parent, Backbone parent and Brickwall parent (Barbara Coloroso’s terms), setting limits can sometimes take us back to the default of a Brickwall parent “You do it because I said so!” Since, our goal is to be a Backbone Parent (for as much time as [...]
- Barbara Coloroso – Words of Wisdom May 19, 2013
- Happy Mother’s Day! May 12, 2013
- Decoding Each Family Member – The Nine Traits of Temperament April 29, 2013
- SETting Limits – How to Be Kind and Firm April 17, 2013
- Are You Inadvertently Reinforcing Misbehaviour? April 1, 2013
- Peace Begins at Home November 11, 2011
- Going on a home exchange!! June 30, 2011
- Traditional Games versus Video Games and Dr. Stuart Shanker’s Thoughts… December 13, 2011
- Temper, temper…temperament? Understanding and Working with an Individual’s Temperament April 10, 2011
- Raising Resilient Children & Youth: What are the key individual, family and community factors that affect resilience? April 9, 2011
- Claire De Boer: Great piece, Sharon - thank you. These are great s...
- Yvonne: Hey now this was a great opener for my new year! I...
- Claire De Boer: Some really great insights, Sharon and all my favo...
- Dhana: Wow, thanks to the above writer for all the book i...
- Dhana: Hey there Sharon, This is such a great post, and ...